Provider Fields Domain Names
Provider Fields Subdomain Names
Street Name and Number
Country or territory
IIAP (http://ipia.sci.am/) is the leading research and technology development institute of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia (NAS RA) in a domain of applied mathematics and informatics, implementing ICT in areas of science and technology, in a different state and societal programs. The Institute has become the leading force in ambitious State programmes of developing Information Society and Information Industry in Armenia, while undertakes international collaborative efforts for the development of advanced telecommunication networks and services in Armenia:
- Operates the Armenian e-infrastructure, which is a complex national IT infrastructure consisting of both networking and distributed computing infrastructures.
- Carries out R&D activities to provide necessary software and hardware tools, ArmNGI, Cloud and High Performance Computing (HPC) applications covering wide range of areas including research in Earth Sciences (e.g. Numerical weather prediction using meso-scale digital models, air pollution and forecasting, water modelling, incl. water quality and quantity, Multi-spectral satellite image processing, etc.), Life Sciences, Physics, Astrophysics, Health, etc.
- Is a member of various international organizations and consortiums, such as GEANT (European computer network for research and education), RIPE NCC (Réseaux IP Européens Network Coordination Centre), EOSC (European Open Science Cloud), etc.
- Acts as the National Contact Point for Horizon2020-ICT and Horizon2020-eInfrastructure.
- Organises (since 1997) the biennial “Computer Science and Information Technologies” international conference, which constitutes the major scientific event in Armenia.